Monday 8 December 2008

The End

I apologise for the long break, a handful of things happened that prevented me from returning to this blog. All that time, I've been thinking a lot about this 'habit of novelty' and I'm not so sure about it any more. It started as an injection of newness to motivate me through my life. The blog would serve as an incentive to keep the habit. I no longer feel that a habit like this would help me. Also, I don't think it's useful to anyone else. One hour of doing something is supposed to give you a glimpse into it, but the truth of the matter is that the glimpse is of no significance emotionally or logically. I also thought of continuing in a different way: to get a real habit and keep it for weeks or months, then use this blog to write a more comprehensive 'glimpse'. In the end, I decided that a short article wouldn't be able to convey the experience.

So, until further notice, which is whenever I find an implementation of a habit of novelty that is useful for both me and anyone who comes across this, farewell.

No comments: